[PD] another small gem problem

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Oct 10 17:04:12 CEST 2007

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Actually, [import Gem] won't work since it'll find the Gem.pd_darwin

which is ok, [hsv2rgb] is supposed to sit in the same directory as
Gem.pd_darwin;
ah i remember that [import] doesn't like that...

> first.  I don't think it really works to have a Gem.pd_* and a folder
> called Gem.  I think for this to work ok, the folder should be called
> something else and made into a libdir.  Or even better, make all of Gem
> a libdir and include the abstractions in that libdir for a unified
> library called "gem".  :D

it is more or less a libdir, with only one dll and several abstractions.
i don't understand why it should be called "something else" (the quotes
are here to quote you, not to imply that it should by literally called
'something else')

fmasd.r
IOhannes

PS: btw, the library is called "Gem" and not "gem"