[PD] translations for pdpedia templates Nederlands

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Oct 10 18:15:31 CEST 2007

hi

tim wrote:
> Hi Kristof,
>
>> (tried to send this an hour ago, but seems like it didn't get through.
>> sorry if you receive it twice)
>>
> I have this too with pd-list, sometimes it takes more than an hour for
> my mail to appear.

hey guys, i hope you are aware that a mailing-list is an asynchronous
medium.
mails can take several hours to be delivered. this is _normal_
behaviour. just because emails often go through faster than that, does
not mean that you should rely on that. after all, it's a complicated
internet.

so if you are interested, where the delivery slows down, you should have
a look at the email-headers.
e.g.::

Delivery-date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 15:05:50 +0200

by mail.iem.at with esmtps (TLS-1.0:RSA_AES_256_CBC_SHA1:32)	(Exim
4.63)	(envelope-from <pd-list-bounces at iem.at>)	id 1IfbFx-0003kZ-IW; Wed,
10 Oct 2007 15:05:49 +0200

puredata.info with esmtp (Exim 4.63)	(envelope-from
<pd-list-bounces at iem.at>)	id 1Ifb1K-0006f9-6W; Wed, 10 Oct 2007 14:50:42
+0200

puredata.info with esmtp (Exim 4.63)	(envelope-from
<pd at kristoflauwers.domainepublic.net>)	id 1Ifb10-0006f3-U0	for
pd-list at puredata.info; Wed, 10 Oct 2007 14:50:23 +0200

with esmtp (Exim 4.63)	(envelope-from
<pd at kristoflauwers.domainepublic.net>)	id 1Ifb5H-0003e3-69	for
pd-list at iem.at; Wed, 10 Oct 2007 14:54:49 +0200

[195.130.137.72])	by dike.telenet-ops.be (Postfix) with ESMTP id
8A084823C36	for <pd-list at iem.at>; Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:34:07 +0200 (CEST)

hoboe1bl1.telenet-ops.be (Postfix) with SMTP id 0426FD409C;	Wed, 10 Oct
2007 11:34:07 +0200 (CEST)

(d54C1E7D0.access.telenet.be [84.193.231.208])	by
hoboe1bl1.telenet-ops.be (Postfix) with ESMTP id BC070D40AA;	Wed, 10 Oct
2007 11:34:06 +0200 (CEST)

this tells us, that kristof sent his email at 11:34, that it was relayed
within virtually zero time to hoboe1bl1.telenet-ops.be, where it waited
for 3.5hours to be delivered to iem.kug.ac.at
there are various reasons why this happens: e.g.
- server load: if the sending server has a huge queue of emails, your
email will be delivered after all these are delivered
- server load: if the receiving server is currently under heavy load, it
may not be able to immediately accept the email (it's the age of spam...)
- anti spam measurements: to drastically reduce the amount of spam,
greylisting is an established technique; this means that the receiver
will not immediately accept an email; the sender will have to retry
after a certain period (which spammers often don't!); this however
means, that we are back to the start, the senders queue has to be worked
through again,...
the iem is happy to use greylisting

finally, the mailing list server took another 15minutes to send the
email; after all pd-list has more than 1000 subscribers...

mfa.sdr
IOhannes