[PD] That's a surprising new look

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Oct 11 14:55:17 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Thomas Grill hat gesagt: // Thomas Grill wrote:

> Since i don't like a program to educate me, but i rather like to use a
> program to do things that i want, the new Max features will help with that.
> The pd-based vibrez gui has also always separated the patcher logic from
> the gui, and i'm already curious to compare the two systems.
> To my mind it will be increasingly hard for pd to keep up with Max, now
> given also partial dsp multi-kernel support and the possible linux port.

May be, but then, Max almost always was in advance of Pd as far as
issues like usability are concerned, and still Pd was popular.
Probably the new Max will make some people change their minds again,
but in general I believe, both Pd and Max can coexist quite well and
even learn from each other. And Max will never beat Pd's price.

Ciao