[PD] That's a surprising new look

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Oct 11 17:10:39 CEST 2007

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007, Vircy Parker wrote:

> -A gui as desiredata, good for clearity. Is the hell of bad kid in white
> and black?

I'm not thinking so much about colours. I don't think that it has much to
do with clarity. Perhaps it has to do with encouraging people to see the
clarity in something. Clarity is an acquired skill and taste. The more you
can interpret patterns and intents and interactions in your patches, the
more clarity is about "deep" properties of a patch rather than colours and
such; but superficial things keep some importance all along.

Anyway, DesireData is again on hold since PdConvention. The big issue is
still bugs, and I needed a break. I have to change my process in order to
get less frustrated and more continuously working (being pissed off by
bugs is still our main cause of delays). Habits are hard to change.