[PD] about pd

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Fri Oct 12 18:33:33 CEST 2007

Wine. Not now because I don't have the space.. but I've
always been fascinated by wine-making and the chemistry of it
all. As a kid we had a country house with lots of space and land
and always rows of demijohn bottles bubbling away. Amazing what you
can get to brew, almost any fruits or sugary plant will work, some
I remember are

Nettle - the nasty stingy things make good wine.
Blackberry
Strawberry - really yummy
Elderberry and elderflower - subtle and dry
Cannabis - yep, you can make dope wine
Plum - very sweet wine
Sloe - "sloe gin" from really bitter fruits
Gooseberry - the green pimply ones
Rose Hip - a very English wine
Tea - never thought it had any sugar but folks make tea wine
Mead - wine made from honey is amazing

I believe you can use grapes too!

Like the sound of Hans harmfully strong chocolate stout, dark Trappist
ales and stouts are my kind of beer, I had a few good ones in Germany.

a.

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 14:20:31 -0500
"Charles Henry" <czhenry at gmail.com> wrote:

> Since we're still talking about beers, I want to ask if there's any
> pd'ers out there who homebrew?  It is a favorite hobby of mine, though
> I am not able to make a batch very often.  I have on a couple
> occaisions made an incredibly strong ale, not fit for human
> consumption, including one stout that is leftover from spring.
>
> Chuck

Use the source