[PD] file access audio glitches

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Oct 14 10:59:47 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Phil Stone hat gesagt: // Phil Stone wrote:

> Thanks for pointing that thread out -- I missed it.  I'm experimenting
> with a ram disk right now, and my preliminary finding is that it works
> great for me.  I'm loading small files (sssad presets and [tunetof]
> tunings), and have enough ram to make it worthwhile.

At least for [tunetof] another possible workaround would be to put the
scale(s) you want to use into messages in your patch. The scales in
[table]-format are just short lists of numbers like "1 1.125 1.25
1.33333333333 1.5 1.66666666667 1.875 2.0" (ptolemy) that fit into a
message box easily. Send then to tunetof's last inlet and you're done.
Make a scale-switcher abstraction with your favourite scales, and you
can even reuse that.

Ciao