[PD] a general discussion about which software to learn: pd, max, both... or else?

Tim Boykett tim at timesup.org
Mon Oct 15 09:42:20 CEST 2007

Hi David,

   it also depends upon who you are working with. I tend to work with PD
for a number of reasons, however most of my colleagues are
Max people who, for a number of reasons, will not be learning a second
language any time soon. This is not really a problem as both systems
can do most things. Mixing them using OpenSoundControl (OSC) for
communication is also no problem. From there it is easy to then
mix in almost any language that has an OSC interface; VVVV, Python,
C, perl, etc.

tm