[PD] gem/fullscreen/linux

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 22:09:32 CEST 2007

Hi

So I'm having fun playing around with gem. I can already see myself
using it live soon. However I can't figure out how to start gem
rendering in fullscreen without showing any gui, including gem window
border/title bar and mouse.

The closest I can get is by sending [dimen 1024 768( to [gemwin] before
creation and starting pd with -nogui. Unfortunately this still shows the
  title bar of the window, the mouse and my panel at the bottom of the
screen. This of course looks stupid in a performance...

An ackward solution could be to create a user in whos .xsession the only
thing happening is starting pd with -nogui, but I didn't try that yet
since it's ackward and might not even work...

I'm running debian/linux with openbox and xfce4-panel. Pd and gem are
compiled from source and are versions 0.40.3 and 0.90.

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte

http://atte.dk       | http://myspace.com/attejensen