[PD] gem/fullscreen/linux

Olivier Heinry olivier.heinry at manga-burgah.net
Mon Oct 15 23:49:48 CEST 2007

Le lundi 15 octobre 2007 à 23:13 +0200, Atte André Jensen a écrit :
> Roman Haefeli wrote:
>
> > messages, you probably want to send to [gemwin]:
> >
> > 'fullscreen 1'
> > 'cursor 0'
> >
> > don't they work for you?
>
> Well I not having looked at the helpfile I send [fullscreen( (without
> the 1) and obviously that didn't work. Those two messages do exactly
> what I need, thanks!
>
> However now I need to log into a tty with something like ctrl-alt-F1 and
> do a "killall pd". Isn't there a cleaner way?

Hi Atte,

Quick and dirty:
If your desktop is Gnome, Alt+Tab gives you the possibility to switch to
any other window eg. your patch hidden behind the gemwin.

On the Pd side, you  have the possibility to add a [gemkeyboard] object
that sends a [destroy( message to [gemwin]. You need to map the object's
output with the deisred keycode. For instance, pressing the Esc key
gives the "9" keycode on my Linux box.

I think it is also worthwhile giving a try to the Pdmtl abstractions
collections, the gems.* abstractions are quite helpful, especially
gems.win in your case.

see http://wiki.dataflow.ws/PdMtlAbstractions

Bye

O.