[PD] gem/fullscreen/linux

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue Oct 16 03:21:20 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 03:00 +0200, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Olivier Heinry wrote:
>
> > If your desktop is Gnome, Alt+Tab gives you the possibility to switch to
> > any other window eg. your patch hidden behind the gemwin.
>
> I use openbox, and normally Alt+Tab works like you describe, but for
> some reason not with gem...
>
> > On the Pd side, you  have the possibility to add a [gemkeyboard] object
> > that sends a [destroy( message to [gemwin]. You need to map the object's
> > output with the deisred keycode. For instance, pressing the Esc key
> > gives the "9" keycode on my Linux box.
>
> That only works when not running in fullscreen :-(

don't know why exactly this is so, it is the same here: when in
fullscreen, [gemkeyboard] seems to not work..   i usually use both
[gemkeyboard] and [key] to destroy the gemwin..

at least on my keyboard this works for destroying in any situation by
typing [esc]:

[gemkeyboard]  [key]
[sel 9]        [sel 27]

hope that helps and you don't need to kill gem from shell anymore. ;-)

roman