[PD] syntax of Pd files

Patrice Colet pat at mamalala.org
Tue Oct 16 12:40:20 CEST 2007

Hi,

Andy Farnell a écrit :

> #N canvas 0 22 450 300 graph1 0;
> #X restore 235 308 graph1;
>
> What is the real purpose of restore? What are these parameters? How does
> it relate to the canvas?

> What the hell is coords? Why?
>
> #X coords 0 1.02 6484 -1.02 200 130 1;

This is the parameters in canvas properties windows, you can also set
those parameters with the message to the patch "donecanvasdialog"

> Can anyone thoroughly explain connections and how their ordering
> is important? It's an ordered adjacency matrix?

I've attached a patch that illustrate how it could be important.
  Each time it receive a different MIDI controller datum, the patch
creates two objects and connects them, we can find out what object have
been created with a counter because they have been numbered in order of
apparition.

  There also is a trick in the patch with "makefilename %c" for
inserting "\" into created object (see into pd $1-float), so with the
\$1 argument the dynamically created object keeps the dollar sign
instead of being replaced by the variable value.

> I think this would be very helpful for everyone to have
> properly documented somewhere.

  A dynamic patching tutorial would be appreciated as well.