[PD] GEM in 3 extended windows desktops

altern altern2 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 16:57:46 CEST 2007

hi

For an installation i have access to a windows machine that has a
graphics card with three video outputs. We are trying to get 3
fullscreen video proyections from the same machine.

I made a patch that opens up a GEM window with 3072x768 size. Then
render a rectangle with an image for each of the desktop areas. First
matches the first desktop's size and position , same for the second and
the third.

But it looks like GEM does not extends to the second and third desktops
when opening on fullscreen mode, only if I open in a normal window shows
the image in the second monitor. Ideally I would need to be fullscreen
so that any other OS items are hidden.

Has anyone tried something similar before?. Sorry i could not check the
mailing list archives because i can only send email, not browse the
internet at the moment.

thanks!

enrike