[PD] Fwd: portuguese pdpedia template

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Oct 17 02:34:04 CEST 2007

On Oct 16, 2007, at 7:45 PM, João Miguel Pais wrote:

>> Ok, the import is running now, congrats you have a Portuguese
>> pdpedia with about 2000 object templates!
>
> great, I'll put googleadds on it and start earning something... or
> maybe not.

This is all free, no ads, just like wikipedia :D

>> http://wiki.puredata.info/pt/boids2d
>>
>> The import should be done in a hour...
>
> seems to be working. I would suggest that as a default link
> redirections are made from abbreviations. for example, /.../.../f
> should go automatically to /.../.../float in all languages

Good idea. If you want to make a list of those, I'll do the import.

> I would also like if someone in the english version (the "official"
> one) would put one day to finish at least one object as good as
> possible, to serve as reference for others (including putting an
> image, etc.). in my experience, opening the doors and unleashing
> the users without a kind of direction to follow will sooner or
> later lead to waste of time/energy and disenchantement from the
> involved working persons.

I wouldn't call the English one the official one, I hope they'll all
be official.  We are all figuring out how to do this.  We don't have
a "complete" one yet, but I know that Marius is working on getting
things running smoothly.  Nicolas has put some good work into this one:

http://pdpedia.org/en/msd

----

Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a
more direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in
practice, it can change entire economies.     - Amy Smith