[PD] advise on making mjpeg, pdp and libquicktime happy

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Oct 17 03:19:42 CEST 2007

I am curious why you are compiling libquicktime yourself?  If you use
the .deb package, it should install everything you need, including
libquicktime:

http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/2007-10-16/Pd-0.39.3-
extended-ubuntu-feisty-i386.deb

Its working well for me on my Ubuntu Feisty box.

.hc

On Oct 16, 2007, at 9:06 PM, danja vasiliev wrote:

> im running ubuntu feisty 7.04, libquicktime plugins are in standard
> location:
>
> danja at t43:~$ cat /etc/debian_version
> 4.0
>
> danja at t43:~$ ls /usr/local/lib/libquicktime/
> lqt_audiocodec.la  lqt_faac.la   lqt_ffmpeg.la  lqt_mjpeg.la
> lqt_png.la     lqt_videocodec.la
> lqt_audiocodec.so  lqt_faac.so   lqt_ffmpeg.so  lqt_mjpeg.so
> lqt_png.so     lqt_videocodec.so
> lqt_dv.la          lqt_faad2.la  lqt_lame.la    lqt_opendivx.la
> lqt_rtjpeg.la  lqt_vorbis.la
> lqt_dv.so          lqt_faad2.so  lqt_lame.so    lqt_opendivx.so
> lqt_rtjpeg.so  lqt_vorbis.so
>
> so i just did this and noting has changed...
>
> danja at t43:~$ export LIBQUICKTIME_PLUGIN_DIR=/usr/local/lib/
> libquicktime
> danja at t43:~$ pd
> tk scaling is 1.22249724972
> quicktime_delete_vcodec_stub called
>
> the last line is what PD spits out when i try opening my mjpeg.
> mjpeg i make using MEncoder 2:1.0~rc1-0ubuntu9.1
> like this:
> for i in $( ls ); do mencoder mf://$i/*.jpg -mf fps=6 -o $i.avi -ovc
> lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mjpeg; done
>
> where else to look?
>
> danja
>

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> Which version of GNU/Linux are you running?  Your quicktime plugins
>> might be in a different place than Pd-extended expects.  You can
>> set it
>> using the LIBQUICKTIME_PLUGIN_DIR env var, so something like:
>>
>> export LIBQUICKTIME_PLUGIN_DIR=/path/to/your/libquicktime/plugins
>>
>> .hc
>>

>> On Oct 16, 2007, at 8:35 PM, danja vasiliev wrote:
>>
>>> hello dear all,
>>> pardon me for cross posting this but the issue seems to be somewhat
>>> awkward - for the last several days i was trying to get [pdp_qt]
>>> take my
>>> mjpeg video files but was miserably failing:
>>>
>>> ---
>>> pdp_qt: video stream found (640x480 pixels, 6 fps, 897 frames, MJPG
>>> codec)
>>> pdp_qt: WARNING: unsupported video codec
>>> pdp_qt: ERROR: no usable video stream found.
>>> ---
>

> --
>     _|_       danja vasiliev
>  ---(*)---    http://k0a1a.net/recent
>    " ' "      +31-64-2654486
> --

----

You can't steal a gift. Bird gave the world his music, and if you can
hear it, you can have it. - Dizzy Gillespie