[PD] [OT] Re: about sexism is TERMINATE THREAD PLEASE

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Wed Oct 17 05:27:37 CEST 2007

hey ho

let me switch in again. it was not my intention to stop a thread in a
dictatorship way. i just noticed, that the discussion meandered through
very different subject-matters, that weren't related anymore at all to
the original topic 'sexism', and it seems, that it wasn't coming to a
point. since this is still a list about pd, i proposed in a not so
serious way to bury that thread, since a real discussion obviously
couldn't be established.

On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 19:38 +0200, pueblo at mail.ljudmila.org wrote:
> > yves,
> > I haven't noticed anything offensive on the list like you describe (maybe
> > you're mixing life on the streets with life on the pd-list? :))
>
> hi David and all,
> I don't know if you didn't follow some threads but here are some examples
> of greasy jokes:

yo, i am glad, that you bring some realworld cases up. i think, this
could be a basis for a real discussion.

> From:   	João Miguel Pais <jmmmpais at googlemail.com>
> Date:   	Tue, October 9, 2007 1:29 pm
>
> - do you know how many feminists are necessary to change a lightbulb? 2:
> One to change the lightbulb, and one to s**k my c**k.
> [I think all users are old enough to read this, and at least it's a
> humorous tone, not purely offensive like some mails in the last weeks]

i don't know, how obvious this was, but i am pretty sure, that in the
first place it wasn't jmmmp's intention to make bad jokes, that insult
feminists. i would rather say, that he, as probably some others, felt,
that this discussion was going to nowhere and probably wanted to
provocate a discussion by bringing up the most stupid macho joke (or
whatever this should be called) he could think of. obviously he
succeeded. i wouldn't count that as an example of chauvinism in the
list, since it seems, that it was triggered by the topic 'sexism' in
order to question the ongoing discussion.

accusing him of chauvinism would be too simple in that case, though i do
not approve sending such sentences to a public mailing list, regardless
of the intention.

> I really didn't want to post another OT but to be blind about the facts is
> just a bit too much for me to keep silent.

i think, the whole community would agree, that whatever is troubling
someone in a serious manner, it should be brought up here.

roman