[PD] [OT] Re: about sexism is TERMINATE THREAD PLEASE

Alicia Byer aliciabyer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 09:23:32 CEST 2007

Hi everybody,

Maybe I have no valid opinion because I just lurk on this list, but I
don't appreciate being called "girl" either, I'm in my mid-twenties
also. And I agree with Darsh and Alejandra. The kind of terms and
attitudes being thrown around about gang-bangs and gross sex make me not
want to join in any discussions. It seems designed to keep me out. It's
just like my supercollider class in college where I was one of two
women, and the professor kept discussing what one should do to be a real
"jock" programmer, and everything had to be so macho all the time. I
guess it's just "male bonding" but it's excluding others that want to
learn. I am just sick of this attitude from some guys that women can't
be real composers, musicians, programmers, whatever. I mean.. It's
2007!!! Not the stone age.

Anyway, darsh, I know where you're coming from.

thanks everybody,
Alicia