[PD] syntax of Pd files

Patrice Colet pat at mamalala.org
Wed Oct 17 14:35:40 CEST 2007

Hi,

Frank Barknecht a écrit :
> Hallo,
> Roman Haefeli hat gesagt: // Roman Haefeli wrote:
>
>> i think, there is a consent in the pd-community, that [namecanvas]
>> shouldn't be considered to be deprecated. you'll find a lot of post in
>> the archive about this. i believe, it is just a matter of miller
>> removing that sentence from the help-file.

  First I sorry to bring back this discussion to the list,
that might not appear anymore if a definitive solution is found, and
applied.

> I think, one of the problems of [namecanvas] is that it's an object,
> and thus it can be deleted by a message. One suggested way out was to
> instead make namecanvas an actual property of the canvas, that is set
> through the props menu.
>
> Ciao

  Oh yes, that clearly shows the problem involved by this object, if
it's deleted, I suppose (but didn't test) that the graph would take back
it's original name and then messages sent through [namecanvas] argument
sender won't come anymore to the targeted graph.

  The proposed solution seems very good and AFAIU it would appear like
in this canvas pattern:

#X coords 0 1 99 -1 200 140 1 /$0-name-of-the-graph;

Unfortunately I've no clue how to do it myself yet, and hope this is not
"talk for nothing".