[PD] many paths, how

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Oct 18 09:25:58 CEST 2007

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Looks interesting, it would be much easier for us to test it if you
> check it into packages/patches, then it'll be in all the autobuilds. :D

yes, feel free to add it :-)

> I have two comments on it:
>
> - Instead of having an 'entry' for each line, I think there should be
> a scrollable text field of fixed size, like 10 elements or so.  Then
> that textfield can handle unlimited numbers of paths.  Then there
> would be a + and - button to add and remove things.

yes of course.
however it was too complicated for my limited knowledge of tcl/tk and time.

> - instead of having pd_startup0 thru pd_startupN as global variables,
> it seems like it would be much cleaner if pd_startup (and pd_path for
> that matter) were array or list references.

again my limited skills!
btw, "pd_startup" and "pd_path" _are_ list references.
i just didn't bother how to add elements of a global list variable as
storage for the text entries.

the good thing is that with my patch, at least the infrastructure at the
C-side is independent of the number of paths.

just take my code and modify it to your needs.

fgma.r
IOhannes