[PD] syntax of Pd files

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Oct 18 10:41:47 CEST 2007

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Oct 2007, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
>> I think, one of the problems of [namecanvas] is that it's an object,
>> and thus it can be deleted by a message. One suggested way out was to
>> instead make namecanvas an actual property of the canvas, that is set
>> through the props menu.
>
> tell me what should happen to [import] and [block~]...

they should stay.

> and if they have to be handled differently: why.

[import] is an external; allowing externals to add new properties
persistently will most likely blow the current pd fileformat.

imho, [block~] should actually be a property.
however, this means that we do need a way to communicate with the patch
directly, because [block~] has an inlet that is used...

personally i would love to have a (non-deletable) inlet somewhere in the
patch (at the bottom?) that can be used to send messages to the canvas
instead of binding it to a receiver name.
but then: how does this fix the problem of delete all?

fmsr.d
IOhanes