[PD] [shell] on OSX...

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Oct 18 19:15:54 CEST 2007

Derek Holzer wrote:
> Hi IOhannes,
>
> IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>
>> what you are sending to [shell] basically _is_ a shellscript...
>
> Ah, OK, now I see. I've been doing it the way you suggested, and as I
> reported it's painfully slow. Several degrees of ten times slower than
> the same commandline entered into an open terminal. Or even that opening
> a new terminal and then entering the command. I thought maybe there
> would be a way to make it faster.

#!/bin/bash
netreceive 9999 udp | while read line
do
 mkdir -p $(echo ${line} | sed -e 's|;$||')
done

[symbol\

[send /home/derek/test_$1(

[netsend 1]

>> if it get's more complicated just do it like this
>>
>> #!/bin/sh
>> cd /home/derek
>> mkdir test_$1
>>
>> and call your script with [/path/to/myscript.sh $1(
>
> So simple bash scripts can use $1 as well? That was what I was unsure
> about. I thought there was other syntax to introduce variables into them
> that I *didn't* know.

it's the other way round: pd can use $1 as well, just like other
languages, including bash.
and what's more, $0 has a more logical meaning in bash...

fgnasdr.
IOhannes