[PD] Command to Close Serveral Abstraction

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Oct 19 14:37:25 CEST 2007

raul diaz wrote:
> Hi list, Hallo IOhannes!
>
> I have tried the "pd open" and "menuclose" messages but pd crash when I
> bang menuclose.
> I don't know is something is wrong in the sintaxis or there is some bug.
> I use Pd 0.39.2-extended-rc3 on windows.
> Attached is a example patch.

i haven't looked at your patches, but for the sake of simplicity i have
omitted the warning that an abstraction must not kill itself.
e.g. if you trigger the "menuclose" from within the abstraction (or the
trigger "goes through" your abstraction), this will crash Pd.
it is both a bug in your patch ("suicide" will kill you) and a bug in Pd
(even though it is a bug in the patch, Pd should never just crash)

this can also be found in the bugtracker, but i don't remember the #id.

fgmasdr
IOhannes