[PD] Audio drops when I refresh many text in scrolline by externalMIDIcontrol.

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Fri Oct 19 19:51:51 CEST 2007

To answer your questions shortly:

PD and MAX are both buggy, but in different ways. Changing from one to
the other will get rid of some problems, and give you new ones. So it's
really just up to you to choose....

As for multitrack recording, why reinvent the wheel?
PD->QJackCtl->Ardour with LADSPA plugins inserted in the tracks (or
using JackRack) gives you everything you'd ever need for most situations.

I've had some trouble with hardware MIDI stuff before. Best to just send
it directly to the parts of the patch you want, and not send it to a GUI
fader onscreen. Working around PD's crap GUI is one of the big
challenges. You're lucky you're on Linux, the problem is much worse for
OS X users.

If I had my vote, we'd talk less about beer, political correctness and
world politics, and focus more on fixing this kind of stuff...

best,
derek

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista