[PD] pdpedia classifications

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Oct 19 20:53:34 CEST 2007

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On Oct 19, 2007, at 7:51 AM, Nicolas Montgermont wrote:
>
>> Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
>>> I read it as something that used to work but not longer does with
>>> newer version. That would either be deprecated or abandoned.
>>>
>> That was my thinking, sorry for the approximate usage of "deprecated".

just to make that clear: i did not try to be pedantic.
but my command of the english language is surely worse than hans's, and
i always want to take the opportunity to learn something.
your definition of "deprecated" was contradictory for me (though it
might not have been for others)

> I think something like this in the status box would be useful:

> or

i would be a bit more specific and use "pd-0.33" instead of just "0.33".
it might as well be "pd-extended-0.34" (if the pd-extended version
differs with pd-vanilla regarding the interoperability of the said
thing) or "linux-2.2.18".
there are manifold reasons why an external could be abandoned/deprecated
or simply dysfuntional.

and (if i haven't said that before), i would suggest using a more
positive wording like
"works with: (pd<0.35)"

> If there is more info, then a section could easily be added in the text.

definitely.

fgmasdr.
IOhannes