[PD] [OT] Re: about sexism is TERMINATE THREAD PLEASE

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 23:37:01 CEST 2007

On 10/19/07, ydegoyon at free.fr <ydegoyon at free.fr> wrote:

> ola,
>
> > Honestly I wasn't even sure this sevy was really Yves, and for that
> matter I
> > know nothing about Yves.  As I said- the original statement was
> completely
> > untrue; and the original poster hasn't responded to that fact.  I
> honestly
> > did not believe the subject was a problem on this list.
> >

> wrong! i sent this after reading 'wettest dream' in a mail from 2 weeks
> ago,
> but anyway it was 2 years or more that this was going on,
> and was also a general feeling from pd convention
> ( seems work groups were only constituted of men ),
> too bad some people speaking here were not there.

My mistake, I thought you were commenting about this list, not the pd
convention.
I see that post now, thank you for addressing my question.  I don't see eye
to eye with you on this.  I'm not sure there's cause and effect between
someone referring to Christiaan Huygens having wet dreams and there being a
greater number of men than women on this list; and if there is, I suspect
the demographic imbalance is more cause than effect.  I could be wrong, but
I'm not ready to join the crusade.  On the other hand I'm more than ready to
refrain from posting vulgarities myself.
This is one of the most benign, tolerant free software forums I've found.
You should see the #debian IRC channel.  Your children should not!

-Chuckk

--
http://www.badmuthahubbard.com