[PD] repertory for amateurs

Hans Roels hans.roels at versateladsl.be
Mon Oct 22 18:20:58 CEST 2007

Hello,

I am teaching electronic music to a group of teenagers (minimum age
15 years)in a music school in Belgium and I mainly use PD for this.
We play improvisations and I write some pieces but i am also looking
for compositions that I can use.
So these are my two questions:
- Has anybody made some pieces with electronics that I could use? or
do you know pieces like this? I guess there are some composers in
this list. If there are parts for acoustic instruments, these can't
be too difficult (most of these teenagers have been playing an
instrument since they were 9 years old). No Ferneyhough pieces please :)
- If anyone would like to make a piece for any combination of
instruments and/or electronics (no more than 4 computer performers
simultaneously), please do so! Again: if you also want to involve an
acoustic instrument, take care that it is playable for an amateur.
Let me know if you are interested and I 'll give you some more details.

I would like to make a kind of PD repertory project but with
live-electronic pieces for amateurs and/or children. The only pieces
that I can use at the moment are pieces of Alvin Lucier, Somei Satoh,
Daniel Goode,...

hans r