[PD] Ableton Live control with Pure Data ¿ReWire?

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Fri Oct 26 15:07:07 CEST 2007

Enrique Tomas wrote:
> I have tried to configure Pd in Ableton Live ReWire settings but I can't
> see Pd as an available input. ReWire is configured because I can see
> other software as Cubase, Reason, etc.

As far as I know, Pd (and free or open source software in general) can't
support ReWire because it's proprietary (non-disclosure agreement) and
costly (licensing fees).

> Does anyone have an idea about how to do this? Is there any other option?

If Ableton Live supports MIDI, you could use MIDI Yoke / MIDI Ox - this
is a virtual MIDI driver for Windows that lets you route MIDI between
applications.

http://www.midiox.com/index.htm?http://www.midiox.com/myoke.htm

Claude
--