[PD] [entry] changes

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Oct 26 16:58:53 CEST 2007

Hey all,

The netpd project's chat interface inspired me to fix up the [entry]
object so that it could serve as the building block for a chat app.
I've added a number of improvements:

- fixed fg/bg color bug
- created [add( message which allows you to add to existing text
- added float support to [set( and [add( messages
- created second outlet which outputs the keys as you type them (this
makes it easy to assign the enter/return key to make the box send its
text).
- made the inlet visible.
- added rudimentary [size x y( message

There are a couple of things that I think would be worth adding:

- a message to add one character at a time
- messages to change the font face, size, and weight
- messages to change the border of the box

This is in today's auto-builds if you want to try it.

----

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and
during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man
for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General
Smedley Butler