[PD] Can you help me with this patch?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Oct 26 18:23:00 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Steffen Juul hat gesagt: // Steffen Juul wrote:

> >Sometimes this can be useful.
>
> Ok. There is no use case that pops to mind. Got one? I think that if
> i had the need, i'd (re-)order it [t]'er-wise. To be a little risky
> and "fresh"; I think using [delay 0] like that is "spaghetti coding".

One use is the to avoid suicides. Using [delay 0] (ah, brackets again)
was used to work around a crash when closing the gemwin from
gemkeyboard. Another suidice is attached.

Then if you have long-running [until]s that generate stack-overflows,
you can work around this by dividing long computations into smaaller
chunks with some [delay]s as well. Of course working around stack
overflows this way can be even more dangerous, as is illustrated with
the [pipe] example in attachement as well. [pipe] also act as an
endpoint to depth first travesal just like [delay].

Ciao