[PD] Pdpedia Español?

Jaime Oliver jaime.oliver2 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 23:27:44 CEST 2007

Well, 'clase del objeto' doesn't sound all that well, but i don't
think any translation will sound right, i believe most spanish users
combine english words with spanish ones when talking about pd or any
programming language.

for example,
> my $inlets = "entradas";

If translated back to english it would be 'entrances', so i believe it
would be best to have the spanish term as an approximate expression to
help in finding a meaning, accompanied with what spanish users would
probably use, which is inlet.
for example i think someone would say in spanish: 'tienes que conectar
el cable al inlet"

If it were possible, i would put the 'english' word in parenthesis
right beside the spanish translation, because of what i just said, and
also because access to information in spanish is limited and most
spanish users have to deal with translating constantly, in many cases,
with little english knowledge. pdpedia could actually become a good
tool for that.

so....

what i would do is something like:

> my $dataType = "tipo de dato (dataType)";
or
> my $inlets = "entradas (inlets)";

finally, i must say this is all my own speculation as a spanish user
that knows english.

best to all and hope it helps, some comments below and an inclusion of
some terms in english that i think could help: