[PD] [Pd] Linux: [system]?

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 19:35:46 CEST 2007

Hi.
I am running Debian 64 testing, kernel 2.6.22.1 with Ingo Molnar's rt patch,
Pd 0.41.0-test05, Jack 0.103.0, and Csound 5.06.
I have a Csound file I'm running with csoundapi~, and I'm editing the Csound
file while editing my Pd composition.
Unfortunately, realtime scheduling doesn't work from the command line for
Csound or Jack for some reason.  I can use chrt to set rtprio for both, but
not the standard commandline flags.  The only reason I have a problem, then,
is that I have to constantly reload/restart Csound when I make changes.
Is there any way to send a message from Pd to run a shell script, or a
single system command, so I can automatically chrt Csound to higher priority
when I restart it?

Thanks.
-Chuckk

--