[PD] ENOUGH Re: about sexy-ism. Let's talk data structures

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 23:00:12 CET 2007

I don't know about arrays, but graphical data structures definitely set Pd
apart from Max, Csound, SuperCollider, Reaktor, Reason, etc. etc.
Unfortunately I don't know a good tutorial; graphical data structures take a
minute to learn and a lifetime to master.
The html manual has most of the basics, although some important features
were added recently to make them far better.  You can put the -x flag in
[drawpolygon], [drawcurve], [filledpolygon], and [filledcurve] to prevent
the resulting object from being selected in edit mode.  Because of this, in
my sequencer, I can now move notes without selecting barlines.  A nice
feature would be the same -x flag for [drawnumber]...

I agree that sexism is not a good thing to talk about here; but it's one of
the hardest things for people not to talk about, eh?

-Chuckk