[PD] GEM error on latest pd extended with Ubuntu Gutsy

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Oct 31 10:34:37 CET 2007

altern wrote:
> hi
>
> the video does not seem corrupted i can open it with VLC, no problem. I
> tried to find the reason for the error and I found that I can use the
> first frame but as soon as I go the the second or further it doesnt
> display it.

is lqtplay able to playback this movie?
aviplay?

which decoding libraries is Gem linked against?
(you can see this when you create the first [pix_film] object. it should
say something like:
pix_film:: quicktime support
pix_film:: libmpeg3 support
pix_film:: libaviplay support
pix_film:: FFMPEG support)

which decoding library is used for the movie?
you should be able to find this out by looking on the pd-console when
the video is opened (depending on the version and verbosity of Gem)

e.g. i get something like:
[pix_filmNEW]: opening
/Net/iem/Benutzer/zmoelnig/src/cvs/pd-gem/Gem/examples/data/homer.avi
with format 1908
[pix_filmNEW]:  ...
[pix_filmNEW]:  ...
[pix_filmNEW]: loaded file:
/Net/iem/Benutzer/zmoelnig/src/cvs/pd-gem/Gem/examples/data/homer.avi
with 85 frames (160x120) at 25.000000 fps

which means that the famous homer.avi has been loaded by the 3rd option
(libaviplay), after the 1st two options failed (indicated by "...")

> btw. passing mode 0 to pix_texture crashed PD. I was trying this to

now that is bad.
did you send the "mode 0" message before you started rendering or after
you got several "gl invalid enumerant" errors?
> critical area. Bad because I dont have the time before the installation
> opening.

sorry to hear that.

fgmasdr.
IOhannes