[PD] midi yoke question

matteo sisti sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 13:57:04 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm using MidiYoke in Windows to send midi data from one application
and receive it in another one, where either of them may be PD.

In case some of you don't know MidiYoke, it is a software that you
install as if it was a driver, and provides 8 virtual midi ports that
are "loopback" ports: if you open for example port Midi Yoke 1 as an
output port in one application, and as an input port in another
application, all midi data you send from the first application is
received by the second one.

Now, when I test it with two instances of PD, one sending and one
receiving, I can reproduce situations where I get an error message:
"MIDI LoopBack
MIDI Feedback detected! Disabling Port: 1"
even if there's NO midi feedback at all.

The question is: does anybody know whether this message is generated
by PD or by MidiYoke?
I guess it's MidiYoke, but can anybody confirm it's not PD?

It's just to know to whom to report the bug. The midi feedback
detection condition must be too loose, since it detects feedback in
cases where you are simply sending "too much" data but with no
feedback.

In case it is PD, I will post more detail and a test patch.

Thanks
m.

--
Matteo Sisti Sette