[PD] TkWidget library

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Nov 1 03:20:28 CET 2007

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007, Martin Peach wrote:

> Maybe if redundant calls could be pruned before going through the socket
> things would work better. For instance if a number box is being updated
> a few hundred times a second then it would be better if only the last
> update per signal block would get through.

They already are, but just the builtin objects, *not* including IEMGUI.
However, the way that they are pruned, they are sometimes not updated
often: the appearance of a floatbox can hang while the server is too busy.

In contrast, DesireData has a minimum update rate of 50 ms of logical
time. I can see tweaking that further, so that it is 50 ms of real time,
or any other value of logical time or real time, and/or setting a max
number of box updates per pass, or a max number of bytes of updates per
pass.