[PD] TkWidget library

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Nov 1 17:20:22 CET 2007

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007, Martin Peach wrote:

> It doesn't make sense to update a box or the screen more often than once
> per frame on the viewing device, but of course that signal (the vertical
> retrace or frame sync) is often hard to obtain. openGL sometimes has it
> builtin, does tk? 60Hz is 16.66...ms.

I'm not recommending to make it go at a rate above the monitor's rate.
Usually, even a third of the monitor's rate is too much for Tk. I'm not
100% sure what is Tk's refresh rate, I think I've seen 50 ms (20 Hz). I
don't think it ever checks the monitor's rate.

I thought you were suggesting to use the audio block size?... anyhow,
surely not, as it's much above the frequency of the monitor.