[PD] [Pd] Graphics Toolkits?

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 21:12:10 CET 2007

Hello.
I am brainstorming about rewriting a Pd patch I wrote as a standalone
program, for several reasons.  I wrote it very haphazardly the first time,
learning to program simultaneously.  I've since gained a much greater
understanding of C, and a smattering of some other languages.  Also, the
other musicians I try to share my program with seem unable to figure out how
to configure Pd (I still find it difficult, honestly).  I'd also like to use
my program to apply for grants, so I think it would be well to be
standalone.
I understand that Pd uses Tcl/Tk, but I don't know much about these tools.
What kind of libraries or toolkits enable the functions of things like
[drawpolygon] and [drawnumber]?  I didn't see anything resembling that in
the info I read on Tcl/Tk, but I did see the possibility of using image
files, which I think would be just as good.  I've also picked up some
knowledge of OpenGL from Gem; might that be an option for a sequencer GUI?

Advice appreciated.
-Chuckk

--
http://www.badmuthahubbard.com