[PD] Installing pd-extended in ubuntu on a computer with no internet connection

David NG McCallum d at mentalfloss.ca
Sat Nov 3 21:15:22 CET 2007

Hi!

Maybe this is more of an ubuntu package question than a Pd question, but...

I've got an old iMac running xubuntu at home, except that home has no
internet connection. When I tried installing the pd-extended package
it went and tried to download the depends, which of course it
couldn't, because it has no internet connection.

Is there a complete meta-package of Pd-extended and all the depends
that I could just plop onto this machine? Is it possible to make one
(I don't have access to another PPC-ubuntu machine with a net
connection to do this, it would have to be either an intel-ubuntu or
OS X machine doing the work).

Thanks!

http://sintheta.org