[PD] [-SPAM-] changing the look of Pd to be more readable

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Sun Nov 4 00:28:39 CET 2007

On Sat, 2007-11-03 at 14:24 -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> I think there is a lot that could be done to the look and feel of Pd
> that would make it much more efficient and usable.  I think it is
> crucial to avoid flashiness, one of Pd's strengths is its lack of
> flashiness (no segmented patch cords! ;)  But small things can make a
> big difference.

I really like some of these ideas, and I do agree that a few subtle
visual nuances would bring Pd's UI into the 21st century! I always
thought that om/ingen (http://wiki.drobilla.net/Ingen) had a a really
nice UI - just the right combination of minimalist simplicity and
graphical niceness (anti-aliased splines!). Maybe we can steal some
ideas from that.

Can I put a vote in for _not_ putting arrows on the end of patch chords.
This is one of the features of Desire Data that I really don't like
since it adds no additional information to the patch (it isn't possible
to connect from inlets to outlets), and it adds visual noise.

Jamie

--
www.postlude.co.uk