[PD] [-SPAM-] changing the look of Pd to be more readable

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sun Nov 4 01:32:08 CET 2007

On Sat, 2007-11-03 at 20:08 -0400, marius schebella wrote:
> Hi Hans,
> I saw that you filled the boxes now with grey.
> actually I do not agree with roman, that this looks better, I think the
> contrast is smaller and therefore text is less readable for me.

though it probably slightly minimizes the contrast a bit, i don't think,
that this is basically true with the _very_ light grey hans has chosen.
turn the brightness level of your screen down by one level and you have
the very same contrast in old pd style as well. does it really make a
difference in readibility?

> I would prefer white object background.

the idea came up, because hans proposed to use grey for the borders and
with grey borders, the objects seemed to kind of disappear. it was a way
to separate the objects better from the canvas background.

what would you actually prefer? grey borders and white filled objects?
or just status quo?
(i want to add: i do not dislike pd's actual appearance at all, but i am
interested to see, if it could be improved )

roman