[PD] changing the look of Pd to be more readable

Luke Iannini (pd) lukexipd at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 01:40:56 CET 2007

> it might also be useful to have a very subtle background grid drawn on
> the canvas at certain intervals to help patch organization. Quartz
> Composer has this, as does Max 5 (not saying you HAVE to have it, but
> it might be a nice addition.

I look at this as the equivalent of properly indented code; a feature I'd
really appreciate is the equivalent of auto-indenting since I obsessively
line up my Pd patches.

Secondly, maybe consider making message boxes, object boxes and subpatch
boxes each a different color?  I'd consider this the equivalent of syntax
highlighting, and though I'm sure choice of default colors will be
contentious, I think it would be a boon for busy patches (especially the
subpatch/objectbox differentiation; I am always searching for subpatches).

And finally, it pains me that much of this work we're discussing has already
been done by Mathieu and Chun : (!  I have a dream, where DD and PD and PD-E
are one.

Cheers
Luke