[PD] changing the look of Pd to be more readable

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Sun Nov 4 05:17:26 CET 2007

On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 01:32:08AM +0100, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> what would you actually prefer? grey borders and white filled objects?
> or just status quo?
> (i want to add: i do not dislike pd's actual appearance at all, but i am
> interested to see, if it could be improved )

Almost all visual improvements are going to be subjective. That is to
say, for every suggestion someone makes along the lines of visual
changes to Pd, there will be many people for the change and many people
against. For that reason, please put in the time to make all changes
configurable, so that those who like the current look of Pd can easily
put in command line flags or .pdrc settings to make it looks the way it
does now. Ideally this would be something like "-originalgui". As for
the default look, that could be decided by majority vote I guess.

Best,

Chris.