[PD] changing the look of Pd to be more readable

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 21:25:38 CET 2007

Roman Haefeli wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-11-04 at 13:36 -0500, marius schebella wrote:
>> The gui has to be a mixture of both,
>
> "bamm.. here i am and i know _exactly_, what needs to be done... "
> i like your diplomatic way  ;-)

you think I am diplomatic? I take that as a compliment...

>> Use something
>> different for the interface and run pd -nogui.
>
> here i think you are _very_ wrong by saying this. have you ever used
> datastructures? have you ever had a look at netpd? especially at
> syntax_the_nerd's bon-* patches? have you ever had a look at the gop
> abstractions of pdmtl? not to mentionen all the stuff that i forgot to
> list here?

I think it is amazing how much you and pdmtl are able to get out of pd,
but (and sorry I don't know how to put this diplomaticly) I think these
interfaces are at least 2 generations away from what a good interface
could look like. hey, I love pd, and I will do my best to work on all
that stuff that I am permanently complaining about.
but think! - and don't get me wrong, because I know that your work is
not recognized and valued enough - given the hours that you put into
netpd and given the accessability of Pd in general I would assume this
application to be about 1000 times more successful. And the reason why
it is not, is, I think the lack of a better interface. I am talking
about at least 1000 kids permanently using it, making music with their
friends.

I think I lose my diplomacy, because I am angry when I see the waste of
time that people put into patching using an unsatisfying software and
not having the success they should have.

best,
marius.