[PD] changing the look of Pd to be more readable

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Mon Nov 5 16:44:33 CET 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-05 at 16:12 +0100, Nicolas Montgermont wrote:

> One ideal feature would be to make a distinction between normal objects
> and subpatch / abstraction, for example with a bolder font or heavier
> borderline.
> I'm sure this is more difficult, but as a subpatch or an abstraction is
> in itself more important than its text, it should be really useful...
> Is this conceivable?

isn't it the idea of the abstraction, that they behave as any other
object? if so, why do they need a distinction from other objects?

yo, but i think, that some additional info could be useful in general.
what about another entry, when right-clicking an object/abstraction,
that shows, where the abs/objects is coming from?

right-click on [dirac~] would show:

zexy.pd_linux (in pd-vanilla)

or

zexy/dirac~.pd_linux (in pd-extended)

or

my_zexy_replacement_lib/dirac~.pd

or

dirac~.pd_linux (if dirac~.pd is directly in <...>/extra)

is this possible at all?

roman