[PD] Using pd.info [was: Re: new pd wiki - practical data - includes forum]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Nov 6 09:26:58 CET 2007

Hallo,
Chuckk Hubbard hat gesagt: // Chuckk Hubbard wrote:

> It's still not possible to locate "toxy", "cyclone", or "mixed" from the
> search function.  I suppose their author never put a link to them on
> puredata.info, but they are in Pd-extended, no?  Yet nothing about
> Pd-extended comes up in a search for them.  If the author never linked or
> uploaded them, is it okay for someone like me to put a link to his website
> from my puredata.info page?

Yes, that's perfecly okay. pd.info is built by its users. I think,
many people aren't aware of it, but every Pd user, after registration
at pd.info, can built her/his own little or even bigger homepage.

The sections http://puredata.info/community/patches and
http://puredata.info/community/tracks are actually automatically
collected from the stuff people have "tagged" accordingly (see
http://puredata.info/docs/tutorials/HowToContribute/ for how this
could be done).

What puredata.info really needs, is a new skin. So far nobody did any
work on this. There must be some artists in our community, where are
they? Here's your chance to give something nice: Design a new skin for
puredata.info! And win a beer the next time I meet you.

Ciao