[PD] changing the look of Pd to be more readable

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Nov 6 09:42:12 CET 2007

Hallo,

> Yeah, I think having subpatches visually distinct would definitely be
> useful, since they are really a hidden chunk of the current patch
> rather than an object.

Personally I wouldn't care. To me it's enough that they have a special
name with "pd" and a funky argument. [pd THE_SCORE] is visually
different enough to me, and often I don't care that a subpatch is a
subpatch (e.g. in [pd count-to-10] or so).

[textfile] also is different from [osc~], but do they necessarily need
to look different? And everywhere? When using data structures to just
hold data, a subpatch is very similar to [textfile]. Should these two
be similar then? If you enable GOP in your subpatch, it already can be
made to look very different from other objects.

So in the end I think, making objects look different automatically is
a hairy issue. Some more ways to make individual objetcs look
different on a one-by-one base could be interesting, though.

Ciao