[PD] new pd wiki - practical data - includes forum

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Nov 6 15:57:19 CET 2007

Hallo,
A Whillas hat gesagt: // A Whillas wrote:

> I'm an experienced web developer. I think the puredata.info does have
> some issues which could be fixed but with some time and effort. My
> recommendation would be to use an opensource CMS like Drupal to
> manage the community side of stuff because:
>
> 1. Its taxonomy module is a very powerful tool for organising and
> cross referencing content and is easy to use
> 2. Its very easy to extent so modules for Pd specific content could
> be wiped up quickly as required.
> 3. Massive development community and is updated and patched constantly.
> 4. Won the "Open Source CMS Award" this year (http://www.packtpub.com/
> award) so must be doing something right.
> 5. Excellent multi-lingual support.
> 6. Flexible and fast setup. Content migration might slow this down
> however.

Not to start a CMS-comparison, but all these features are available in
the current Plone site as well. Setup even already is done. And it is
administered by IEM, who run all their stuff with Plone, so there's
quite a bit of knowledge and experience already there, not to mention
the tons of content that has been uploaded already and hundreds
(statistics, IOhannes?) of registered users.

Ciao