[PD] a patch closing itself

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Nov 7 01:01:04 CET 2007

That patch requires user intervention (Close this Patch? Yes/no).
This crashes Pd-0.40-2:

[bang(

[; bind2.pd menuclose 1(

No prompt = crash.

.hc

On Nov 6, 2007, at 2:44 PM, Enrique Erne wrote:

> oh, i wasn't aware that there are other differences
>
> [bng] <- click here
> |
> [;
> bind2.pd menuclose 0(
>
> does crash Pd-0.40.3-extended-20071026
>
> doesn't crash Pd-0.40-2
>

> <bind2.pd>
>

> eni
>

> On Nov 6, 2007, at 6:44 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>

>> This patch crashes on Pd-0.40-2 on Mac OS X:
>>
>> <bind.pd>
>> I think the bug is that if it is triggered by user clicks, it
>> works fine, but if it is triggered in a patch, then it crashes.
>>
>> .hc
>>
>> On Nov 6, 2007, at 3:58 AM, Enrique Erne wrote:
>>
>>> menuclose from within a patch crashes extended but it works in
>>> vanilla pd.
>>>

>>> On Die Nov  6  4:24 , marius schebella  sent:

>> -------
>>
>> Man has survived hitherto because he was too ignorant to know how
>> to realize his wishes.  Now that he can realize them, he must
>> either change them, or perish.    -William Carlos Williams

----

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and
during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man
for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General
Smedley Butler