[PD] [declare] trouble

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Nov 8 14:50:54 CET 2007

Hallo,
Steffen Juul hat gesagt: // Steffen Juul wrote:

> This is what i did for testing:
>
> Made a folder in extra called test. In that i made an abstraction
> called testing.pd which was just a wrapper around a [print].
>
> Then i made a new test patch which as:
> [declare -stdpath extra/test]
> [testing]

Okay, here's another test you could do to find out where declare tries
to add the stdpath

Make a patch with [declare -stdpath funkypathname] or another unique
name you definitely know doesn't exist, then load it while Pd was
started with "-verbose". Try to create an unknown object like
[unknown] and search for "funkypathname" in Pd's error output.

Btw.: When doing this on Linux with a testpatch in "/tmp/funkytest.pd"
my Pd searches for [unknown] give only /tmp/funkypathname/ as possible
results with the funky pathname, which is wrong: according to the
docs, -stdpath should search relative to the Pd binary, not relative
to the path, which is what [declare -path  ...] should do. Looks like
another [declare]-bug. (Maybe already reported?)

Ciao