[PD] preferences (was: [declare] trouble)

robbert van hulzen robbert at nocount.org
Thu Nov 8 20:51:33 CET 2007

Steffen Juul wrote:

>To quote Hans [1]:
> This one comes with Pd-extended and sets the default preferences.  If
> someone creates, ~/Library/Preferences/org.puredata.pd.list, this one
> will be ignored.

hmmmm... i guess i didn't rtfm... don't remember exactly what i did, but
deleting the prefs file now did the trick. that seems to mean it wasn't
ignored, but anyway, it works now.

Luke Iannini wrote:

> The .pdrc works great on OS X, exactly as one would hope now with the
> embedded prefs: the embedded prefs take care of configuring Pd-Extended and
> my .pdrc takes care of adding the things I'm interested in.

thanks! .pdrc works for startup flags. for loading libs, you don't specify a
path? the embedded prefs don't either. does that have to do with the fact
that it's embedded (maybe i'm asking more than i need to know / will
understand).

thanks for the patience!