[PD] Reference article for Pdpedia & Templates

Luke Iannini (pd) lukexipd at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 16:34:33 CET 2007

> have a small example patch as an image it would be possible to embed.
I tried this without luck, maybe you can take a look?

> the next thing I want to do, is to make all fields that are empty
> disappear in the infobox.
It looks like you'll need
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:ParserFunctions#Installation to do
that; then I think it will look something like this:

{| class="infobox borderless"
|+ colspan="2" style="text-align:center; font-size: large;
background:#ffdead;" | '''{{{name}}}'''
|-
| colspan="2" style="text-align:center;" |
{{{example_image}}}<br>{{{caption|''caption''}}}
|-
! [[Description]]:
| {{{description|''description is required''}}}
{{
#if: {{{abbreviation|}}} |
{{!}}-
! [[Abbreviation]]:
{{!}} &nbsp;<b>{{{abbreviation|}}}</b>
}}
|}

Mmm, great : ).
(the statement is {{ #if: <condition string> | <then text> }}, but you
can't use "|" in the condition or then string (or it will think it is
the separator between <condition> and <then>, so you use a template
called Template:! which contains | instead.  Found at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:ParserFunctions#Caveats and
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Template#A_parameter_value_containing_a_pipe_character
)